Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

weekend highlights

Yep.  I'm posting a weekend update on a Wednesday.  Busy season, anyone?

 photo IMG_3053_zps76ae3a40.jpg  photo IMG_3047_zps2ca5f131.jpg  photo IMG_3048_zpscb123460.jpg



1.  A new distillery opened just over a mile from our apartment and had a grand opening celebration, complete with live music, food trucks, and samples!  The mister and I hopped on our bikes to check it out.  It was a great little event to see off summer before fall really arrives.  The samples were tasty and I love supporting local businesses, so I definitely see us buying Yellow Rose whiskey in the future!

2.  I received and filled my thredUP bag!  If you haven't heard of thredUP, take a look.  You can order a super cute polka dog bag, fill it with those gently used clothes that you never wear, and get paid for your pieces.  You can cash out or use those dollars to buy gently used clothes that others have sent in.  And if you share the love, your friend gets $10 credit, and you get $10 when they spend it.  Winning all around right?

 It's such a relief to let go of these clothes that I never wear, and now I'm itching to do a full closet clean out.  I may put that on the list for a PTO day post busy season.  Exciting stuff, I know.  You know you're a grown up when...

And that's about it for the weekend.  
"Highlights" plural may have been a bit generous.

But honestly, busy season makes me a little brain dead, so I'm happy to have a laid-back weekend with lots of down time.  I finished a book, worked on a puzzle, and watched an embarrassing number of Frasier episodes.  It was glorious.

And now, on to the week ahead!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Chime on in!